Brooks Brothers started an unexpected sale today. For the next week, you can take 25% off almost everything, which means this is another chance to get something nice if you missed their mid-season Friends & Family sale. Some notables:
- Shoes: These suede cap-toe boots might be my favorite, but equally great are their Alden-made suede bluchers and tassel loafers. The whole footwear section is worth a browse, really.
- Beretta Outerwear: Lots of sturdy outerwear from Beretta, such as this hunting coat and waxed cotton jacket.
- Filson: Brooks Brothers’ sales remain the best time to get Filson luggage, including the company’s popular 0256 model briefcase.
- Shirts: One of the better oxford-cloth button-down models around.
- Umbrellas: Handsomely designed, reasonably well-made, and very well-priced (especially on sale).
- Sale Section: The discount also stacks on sale items. This suede jacket looks nice, and there are a ton of shirts and pants in the Black Fleece sale section. Just note that Black Fleece trousers have a fairly high rise (which I like, but it’s not to everyone’s taste). There’s also a silly locker loop attached to the back, but an alterations tailor can remove it for you.