Mr. Porter just started their end-of-season sale, with select items marked down as much as 50% (a nice drop from their usual first-round markdown of 30%). Included in the sale is a surprising selection of Edward Green shoes, which are typically excluded from any discounts. Some other notables include:
- Outerwear: Sizes are going fast, but there are some nice bomber jackets from Hardy Aimes and APC, motorcycle jackets from Belstaff, raincoats from Mackintosh, and general “heritage-y” designs from Private White VC. There’s also that peak-lapeled peacoat from Billy Reid, which was made famous in the last Bond film.
- Shoes: In addition to the Edward Greens, there are these these George Cleverley boots and three models from Richard James. For more casual footwear, check out the sneakers from Margiela, Converse, and Common Projects. I bought the burgundy 1970s Chuck Taylors a few months ago, as well as the all-white b-ball highs. Both have quickly become favorites. If you pick up the b-ball highs, be sure to go down a full size (despite what Mr. Porter’s guide tells you).
- Knitwear: APC has their usual summer Breton this season, while Doriani has an interesting flecked crewneck made from a silk and linen blend. For textured knitwear, I like these pieces from AMI and Maison Margiela. If you want something a bit simpler, try John Smedley.
- Shirts: There are some nice casual shirts from Our Legacy, Levis Vintage Clothing, Neighborhood, and Gitman Vintage. Emma Willis and Turnbull & Asser can be relied on if you need something dressier. For something more affordable, check out the selection from Club Monaco, Alex Mill, Gant Rugger, Polo Ralph Lauren, and J. Crew.
- Ties and pocket squares: As usual, the best selection is available through Drake’s, although there are also some nice options from Richard James and Boglioli.
- Bags: Lots of leather bags on sale from Lotuff Leather and Bill Amberg. There are also some Globe Trotter suitcases, as well as this military holdall from APC. For really nice backpacks, check out Master-Piece.
- Swimwear: Orelebar Brown is great if you need something for wear by the pool this summer (they also have regular shorts). For something more affordable, check out Saturdays NYC.
- Misc: Lastly, there are some discounted Bresciani dress socks, woven Anderson’s belts, and Dents gloves. The selection of sunglasses isn’t too bad either, and there’s this interesting looking book on French Riviera style.