There’s a nice sale going on today at Ralph Lauren. Take an extra 20% off already marked-down items with the checkout code JAN2015. That puts discounts as high as 75% off. Some notables:
- A blue anorak available at a really affordable price. Possibly good for those looking for a simple and versatile piece on a budget.
- Brown leather A-2, albeit only available in size XL. Mr. Porter has better photos, as well as garment measurements.
- A quilted bomber jacket. I have an old version of this and wear it all the time with chinos and jeans.
- Some cashmere cable knit sweaters. Somewhat overpriced at full-retail, but great on sale. I’ve used them as layering pieces.
- Affordable turtlenecks for those who aren’t sure if turtlenecks work for them. Grey makes for a nice, versatile color.
- Lots of shirts. Some RRL flannels and indigo workshirts, as well as this Polo line calico-striped shirt that’s RRL in design, but not in price. Additionally, there are some nice dress shirts for those looking for something to wear with sport coats and suits (I like the custom-fit models without the logos on the chest).
- Orange retro-mountaineering backpack. I have a navy version of this that I like a lot. The little logo-ed patch at bottom can be taken off with a seam ripper, if you wish.
- Cashmere lined leather gloves and Donegal wool watch caps (again, you can take the logo off with a seam ripper).
- Ralph Lauren has some deeper discounted items in their clearance section. Included are things such as this RRL paratrooper-inspired parka, Polo line chambray, and some last-of-the-bunch Preston-fit trousers (my favorite off-the-rack dress pants, which have been sadly discontinued).