The only thing more exciting than Pitti Uomo is the release of FW lookbooks. While I think SS is a bit underrated by many men, FW is clearly always more exciting given its masculine color palette and ability to create interesting layers.
And it’s here. FW lookbooks are being slowly released, and what a wowzer they are. Here’s the newest lookbook from Boglioli, an Italian brand that’s known for their incredible fits, fabrics, and casual styling. The silhouettes here are incredible - fitted but very masculine, and of course all very softly structured. There are the standard Italian details such as the patch pockets at the hips and welted boat-shaped pocket at the chest (ie the barchetta pocket). The lapels are thinner than I might like, but the notches on the lapels are high, giving the jackets an aristocratic European look that I appreciate. You can also sense the sumptuousness of the fabrics just from the pictures. In the way that Ami put out an SS lookbook to aspire to next year, this Boglioli lookbook is something to aspire to this FW (note the turtlenecks!).
I most like how everything feels very classic, but also contemporary. There’s a bit of classical menswear that can sometimes feel a bit anachronistic, but Boglioli’s collection hits the balance of getting something timeless but still modern.
You can find Boglioli at Barneys, Bergdorf Goodman, and other high end boutiques. If you have a chance to ever actually handle their pieces, I strongly suggest you do so.
(hat tip to The Italian Cut for the tip off)
- buzzedinfinity likes this
- nhmortgagebroker likes this
- mamortgageexpert likes this
- weallhavesoulmates likes this
- jackjeff reblogged this from dieworkwear
- ytirucespkimer likes this
- standupguy reblogged this from dieworkwear
- blossom-bamford likes this
- chillyditty likes this
- gloos reblogged this from dieworkwear
- iamciggyf reblogged this from dieworkwear
- apushintherightdirection reblogged this from dieworkwear
- neelysjohn likes this
- steventurkovich reblogged this from dieworkwear
- wizkidmajor likes this
- moderndayillustrado reblogged this from dieworkwear
- nyxnx reblogged this from dieworkwear
- winstonianblack likes this
- exquisitetrappin likes this
- ihavehershehasme likes this
- whysomadd likes this
- darronzosworld likes this
- recklesshumor reblogged this from dieworkwear
- dreamtyger likes this
- likewaxspilling likes this
- palazorra reblogged this from dieworkwear
- This was featured in #Menswear
- dieworkwear posted this