One of the promises of the internet was that it was going to be able to deliver incredibly targeted advertisements. Companies such as DoubleClick would track your behavior across different sites, build a profile on you, and be able to deliver ads that are actually relevant to your tastes and interests.
Privacy concerns aside, I think the technology holds a lot of potential for consumers and businesses alike. And it’s coming true, to a degree; I often get ads for clothing even if I’m on a completely unrelated site.
But it’s not targeted enough. To the people tracking me - I don’t shop at Indochino, please give me the following ads and I will click through every time.
(oh, and as an aside, I’m kind of excited about the post I made today at Put This On. I encourage you to check it out).
- tomsplowdenc likes this
- thechicandfunkypirate likes this
- thetroupeimperial likes this
- pablovia reblogged this from dieworkwear
- afuchs likes this
- kennyforest likes this
- mtimes likes this
- robertsoren likes this
- aneapolitandream said: Black Sheep Tuxedo FTW!!!!! An awesome post. The only reason I love to do what I do is that moment when you make that product… Man!
- angovodo said: i get indochino ads all the time
- trousersintartan likes this
- thesilentist said: I love the Isaia ad. It’s like, “You can look great in our clothes, but if you’re a dick, then we can’t do anything for you when she throws her drink in your face.”
- sanvincent likes this
- andrewfm likes this
- jhilla said: Agreed, the Ads below were also in Esquire’s BBB and they were awesome
- dieworkwear posted this